Tuesday March 12th 2019 United Nations University Fisheries Training Program (UNU-FTP) will hold a graduation ceremony for its 21st cohort of fellows.
Everyone who is interested in the program is welcome.
The ceremony will take place in the auditorium of the Marine and Freshwater Research Institute (MFRI), Sk˙lagata 4, 1st floor and starts at 16:00.
- 15:30 Guests arrive.
- 16:00 UNU-FTP chairman, Mr. Sigurur Gujˇnsson, welcomes guests.
- 16:05 Minister for Foreign Affairs, Mr. Gulaugur Ůˇr Ůˇrarson, delivers a short address.
- 16:15 UNU-FTP director, Mr. Tumi Tˇmasson, presents graduation certificates.
- 16:40 Fellowsĺ representative, Mr. Seion Richardson, speaks on behalf of the group.
- 16:50 UNU-FTP chairman, Mr. Sigurur Gujˇnsson, delivers closing words.
- 17:00 Refreshments.
This year 24 fellows took part in the UNU-FTP Six-months Training Program. They come from 15 countries in Oceania, Asia, Africa, Central America and the Caribbean region. Nine are women, or just above one third. Nine specialised in Fisheries Policy and Management; eight in Stock Assessment and Fishing Gear Technology; and seven in Quality Management. In 21 years 392 fellows have completed the UNU-FTP Six-months training program from over 50 countries.