The aim of the Sustainable Aquaculture course is to provide fellows with training on how to plan, operate, and develop aquaculture projects sustainably.
At the end of this part of the 6-month training course, fellows will have sound knowledge on how to evaluate and identify the appropriate aquaculture operations for any particular environment, both in terms of suitable species, site selection and infrastructure. Fellows will also gain insight into the operational management of farms, both financially and technically.
The main topics covered in the Sustainable Aquaculture course are:
- Biology, physiology, and environment of aquaculture organisms
- Production methods and operational environment for aquaculture
- Farm design, operation, and production planning
- Project design and proposal writing
- Environmental impact of aquaculture production
- Legal framework and monitoring of aquaculture operations