Data Collection and Analysis 2009
2009 (5 days)
- Stock Assessment
- Ministry of Livestocks and Fisheries Development, Tanzania
- United Nations Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO)
This course aimed to train District Fisheries Officers (DFO) on fisheries data collection and analysis and equip them with the skills to train data enumerators in their districts.
The fisheries authorities in Tanzania aim to involve the fishing communities in data collection through Beach Management Units (BMU). In planning this course this strategy was addressed in three ways:
- Training of District Fisheries Officers (DFOs) in Fisheries data collection and analysis.
- Familiarize the BMUs on the importance of data collection for their own use
- Ensure sustainability by teaching DFOs in delivering training on data collection to the BMUs.