Sustainable Aquaculture for Extension Officers 2010
2010 (5 days)
- Olafur Sigurgeirsson
- Helgi Thorarensen
- Sustainable Aquaculture
- Department of Fisheries Resources, Uganda
- Holar University College, Iceland
- Icelandic International Development Agency (ICEIDA)
- Makerere University
This course is the second of three courses on similar topics run in Uganda 2009, 2010, and 2011.
The main objectives for this course are to:
• offer practical trainings to fish farmers, fish farm managers and extension workers
• act as a refresher course for fisheries and aquaculture graduates from the Department of Biological Sciences to enhance their practical skills and acquaintance with the new technological developments in aquaculture
• develop up-to-date teaching materials to be incorporated in the teaching of aquaculture and fisheries course offered at Makerere, Department of Biological Sciences.
• create and enhance collaborations between private sector and government institutions involved in the fisheries industry.